Wednesday 2 July 2008

Flying cars, Sir Clive?

In the early 80's, when I was a teenager, the brainchild early computers of Sir Clive Sinclair began my interest in that technology, which so far has led to a computer science degree and my current career.  Now Sir Clive, in an interview with the BBC, has predicted flying cars in the future.  

I think he is probably right!  In due course I think we will see personal flying vehicles of some sort which will be automatically controlled and where the passenger is simply moved from one place to another through the air.  I am not sure that I concur about the power source being electric, but I would imagine some combination of power sources which doesn't rely solely on petrol.  It may well be that the vehicle is able to complete parts of its journey in other ways other than flying.  Convergence is not simply a telecommunications term.  I believe it will apply to transportation more and more.  

No comments: