Saturday 10 January 2009

Palm Pre-tender?

Before I had an iPhone I used a Palm T3 for many years bluetooth-tethered with whatever phone I used at the time for a GPRS connection.  After fading somewhat Palm have now made a new splash on the scene with their new Pre Smartphone.  It looks pretty good too on paper.  They have obviously been busy building a new 'web-os' operating system for it which frees it from the horrible existing alternatives to OSX.  Providing they can get the business models right with the carriers who will support it (currently only Sprint in the USA), especially with respect to data and if they can build a successful eco-system of applications for the Pre, then it could well be the first phone to really address the standards that Apple have set with the iPhone experience.  I can't wait to get my hands on one to try it for real.  

No comments: