Saturday 25 October 2008

American beauty in Innovation

Arriving here in Boston for a week of immersion at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), I am looking forward to learning about many new technology innovations and meeting some of the best academics and students in a whole range of fields of expertise.  This has certainly been the case on every previous visit and I expect nothing less this time.  

The five hour time difference has meant I automatically woke at 5am this morning but that should improve over the next couple of days!  Particular areas I am looking to investigate this week at MIT include robotics, bio-tech, consumer electronics and nano-tech.  Those of you who have heard me speak will know that I already often use examples from MIT in a number of ways.  I hope to update and add new material 'to the pot' this week.  Relationships with top academia are very important in deriving a view of the future which also has groundings in real research objectives today.

No comments: