Friday 14 November 2008

Small world ... big co-incidences!

Today I had the pleasure to be the keynote speaker to 150 people gathered for an event in Suffolk, England.  I mentioned during my presentation my recent trip to the MIT media lab in the USA.  Then at the end, one of the audience came to say hello and asked if I knew one of the professors there called Tod Machover.  Tod does some really excellent projects in the area of music and is currently working on a fantastically innovative opera.  It was co-incidental that a member of my audience today also called Jonathan also knows Tod so well!   Similarly it is co-incidental that one of my similar  presentations of future technologies last year was also given at the Sage, Gateshead - the venue for the premiere of Tod's opera!  It's a small world!

No comments: